Master of Arts in European Union Studies
Why choose the MAEUS program?
- Versatile career opportunities in government, trade, security, diplomacy, public policy, international relations, sustainability, agriculture, higher education, and arts and culture.
- Interdisciplinary orientation through four distinct tracks
- Focus on developing independent research skills and professional expertise
- Opportunities to pursue joint degrees with professional schools
- Accelerated professional 15-month degree option available
- A five year BA/MA track is available in collaboration with Europe-oriented programs in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Emphasis on professionalization opportunities with consular corps, international employment workshops, and research presentations
- Study the EU and Transatlantic Relations firsthand through internships and study abroad
- Selective funding opportunities include FLAS fellowships and EUC graduate assistantships, as well as competitive funding from other academic departments on campus
We help you succeed!
The EUC’s dedicated staff supports a distinguished group of MAEUS students with academic and professional guidance, applying for selective funding opportunities through FLAS fellowships and assistantships, facilitating internships and study abroad through partner universities, connecting students with UI’s world-class faculty and with visiting officials and scholars, and arranging pre-professional opportunities in a range of fields.
Hear from our current students about their experiences in the MAEUS Program!
Paula Jaime Agramon