MAEUS alumni land jobs in business, government, higher education, and non-profits.
The European Union is increasingly recognized in various sectors as a significant influence on developments in the international and transatlantic arenas. Government, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), international businesses, law firms, trade groups, not-for-profit associations, institutions of higher education, media organizations, and think tanks all hire experts in the EU. As the modern world continues to globalize, the importance of the EU is expected to continue to grow.
The MAEUS program regularly provides career development opportunities through engagements with professionals in a variety of sectors. MAEUS graduates are highly employable and well prepared through EU Center and affiliated faculty mentoring. EU Center staff and faculty devote individualized attention to MAEUS students conducting internship and job searches, for example by providing advice on writing cover letters and developing resumes. Students in the MAEUS program also have access to resources through the University of Illinois Career Center and Graduate College Career Services Office. MAEUS students also have access to an extensive alumni relations network, connecting them to program graduates and other University of Illinois professionals. This include our expanding network of MAEUS alumni.
Some examples of specific placements includes:
- Hewlett Packard
- Chicago Board of Trade
- Pull Experience, Inc.
- The Baker Group
- Illinois Business Consulting
- Defense Intelligence Agency
- Texas A&M Study Abroad Office
- University of Illinois Study Abroad Office
- Utah State University Merrill-Cazier Library
- Austin Peay State University International Student Services
- Chicago News Bureau
- Manifest Digital
Doctoral Studies/Further Studies:
- Ph.D. in Social Work at the University of Illinois
- M.S. in International and Comparative Education at Stockholm University, Sweden
- J.D. in Law at the John Marshall Law School
- M.A. in Public and International Affairs at the University of Pittsburgh