Join us for our public events, professional development workshops for teachers, competitions for students, and many other programs. Students and teachers who want to learn about the EU can get involved through our signature K-12 outreach programs:
- Euro Challenge: high schools students (grades 9 & 10) learn about the EU and the euro
- The Illinois Global Scholar Program is a state-wide initiative meant to bring global competence via a globally-infused curriculum to Illinois secondary school students. It was started by a state-wide coalition of educators and stakeholders, including the European Union Center at the University of Illinois.
- Summer Curriculum Development Workshop: develop a more effective K-12 and community college curriculum on the EU
- TED (Transatlantic Educators Dialogue): educators in the US and the EU come together online to explore issues of identity and difference in the classroom
- Teacher’s Corner: The Teachers’ Corner is the University of Illinois European Union Center webpage devoted to reaching out to teachers about news and events
- The European Union for Professionals
If you are interested in becoming involved with any of the European Union Center’s existing programming, would like to have a Center expert speak in your classroom, or have any questions, please contact the EUC at firstname.lastname@example.org.