The European Union Center strives to record as many lectures as possible in order to reach those unable to attend campus events. All EUC videos from Spring 2010 to Spring 2015 can be found on the Ensemble video library. Recordings of events from Fall 2015 onwards are hosted on Media Space. Videos can also be accessed via the EUC Blog by selecting specific tags that categorize videos and other blog posts by topic and by speaker. The EUC also serves as a co-sponsor for the “Conversations on Europe” videoconferences put on by the European Studies Center, a Jean Monnet European Union Centre of Excellence, at the University of Pittsburgh. Past videoconferences can be viewed on YouTube.
For recordings of lectures and interviews from Fall 2019 onwards, see the links below. We are currently working on providing closed captioning for all of the videos.
- Interview with Baroness Ruth Deech, Member of Parliament
- Interview with Nihad Bunar, Professor of Special Pedagogy, Stockholm University
- Interview with Catherine Barnard, Professor of European Union and Labor Law, University of Cambridge
- Interview with Kacper Dziekan, European Projects Senior Specialist, European Solidarity Centre
- "The Black Death: What We Know Now" — presented by Carol Symes, Associate Professor of History
- "Reading Contagion in Boccaccio's Decameron" — presented by Eleonora Stoppino, Associate Professor of Italian
- "Life After [the Black] Death" — presented by Carol Symes, Associate Professor of History
- "Plague, Politics, and Napoleonic Propaganda c. 1800" — presented by David O'Brien, Professor of Art History
- "On the Essential Partnership between the European Union and the United States: A Conversation with Anthony Gardner, U.S. Ambassador to the EU 2014-17"
- "Trolls at Play: Teaching Propaganda, Media Manipulation, and Election Interference through Role-play (Online)" — presented by Judith Pintar, Teaching Associate Professor of Information Sciences