Why choose the MAEUS program?
- Versatile career opportunities in government, trade, security, diplomacy, public policy, international relations, sustainability, agriculture, higher education, and arts and culture.
- Interdisciplinary orientation through course work and thesis guidance with EUC affiliated faculty and dedicated EUC staff to help connect students with faculty who match the students' interests.
- Focus on developing independent research skills and professional expertise
- Opportunities to pursue joint degrees with professional schools
- A five year BA/MA track is available for University of Illinois undergraduates, in collaboration with Europe-oriented programs in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Emphasis on mentorship and professionalization opportunities with consular corps, international employment workshops, and research presentations
- Study the EU and Transatlantic Relations firsthand through internships and study abroad.
- Selective funding opportunities include FLAS fellowships and EUC graduate assistantships, as well as competitive funding from other academic departments on campus
- Dual degree (NOT joint program)
Interested? Please visit our application process or 5-Year BA/MA page for more information about admission into the MAEUS or 5-Year BA/MA program.
For more details, please see the European Union Studies Graduate Handbook and Mentoring Guidelines and get in touch with Markian Dobczansky (firstname.lastname@example.org), EU Center Associate Director.